Re:virus: Independent???

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 10:18:38 MDT

On 22 Sep 2002 at 6:54, rhinoceros wrote:

> [Joe Dees]
> This unabashed puff piece says more than I ever could concerning the
> purported 'objectivity' of The Independent or of Robert Fisk...
>

> The Independent December 6, 1993, Monday
>
> HEADLINE: Anti-Soviet warrior puts his army on the road to peace; The
> Saudi businessman who recruited mujahedin now uses them for
> large-scale building projects in Sudan. Robert Fisk met him in Almatig
>
> By ROBERT FISK
>
> OSAMA Bin Laden sat in his gold- fringed robe, guarded by the loyal
> Arab mujahedin who fought alongside him in Afghanistan. Bearded,
> taciturn figures - unarmed, but never more than a few yards from the
> man who recruited them, trained them and then dispatched them to
> destroy the Soviet army - they watched unsmiling as the Sudanese
> villagers of Almatig lined up to thank the Saudi businessman who
>
> <snip>
>

> [rhinoceros]
> Could you please explain how do you think your comment on this 1993
> article makes sense?

America's Case For War Is Built On Blindness, Hypocrisy
And Lies

Source: ZNet (from The Independent)
Author: Robert Fisk
Dated: 2002-09-15

An article you posted on the News: Iraq section of the BBS was by the
same Robert Fisk, and from the same Independent. We now know that
Bin Laden was already redirecting Al Quaeda towards attacking the US
at the time of the interview.