virus: Show me the memes

From: Jkr438@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 13:16:09 MDT

    Subj: Re: _Religion Explained_ by Pascal Boyer Date: 6/3/2003 2:14:30 PM
    Central Daylight Time From: Jkr438@aol.com Sender: fmb-majordomo@mmu.ac.uk

    I remember reading this book especially the part about memes and the
    cognitive aspects that limited ontological violations provide in terms memory pegs in
    oral traditions.

    I have thought we can expand this into meme memory pegs based on embodied
    biological experience. A philosophy in the flesh so to speak of memetics. For
    example how many times does a story metaphorically refer to gastronomic functions
    to make a point? can we quantify and or categorize these occurrences? . . .
    breathing in the spirit? . . .or an oral fixation? A flood of sexual congress
    with the memes we drink, and tasting their sweetness in your wet lips. Hearing
    the roar of the river of refreshing wetness that flows between the great
    enveloping libidinous slips in the peaceful valley of your corporeal sea of sensual
    tasty delights. Completing its journey through the turgid firmness of your
    supple muscular flesh caressed by the loving tender hand of your favorite lover.
    Seeing the eye candy in the frame on the wall and vicariously drinking in its
    succulent sweetness though my torpidly warm sensuous eyes.

    etc. . . etc. . .

    just transparently show me, for seeing is believing, and enlightenment
    sometimes comes with sunglasses when needed.

    etc.

    or do we really remember the ontological violations that much better? Can
    your really imagine going to bed with a supernaturalism? Are we even THAT lonely?
    Everyone hurts, I imagine.

    Show me the memes. Love,-Jake