Re: virus: Fw: Religion help

From: Bill Roh (billroh@churchofvirus.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 16:41:38 MDT

    I only thing I get from that for sure is that she still wants her god
    and a religion, that her parents want to be sure that she isn't looking
    into wacko cults (for good reason), and that she has a hard time
    believing the stuff she has been told about creation.

    I would have many questions before I could answer her - the first one
    being: "If you still believe in "God", but not the stories regarding
    creation, what kind of god are you looking for?". If she really thinks
    about that question, it' shouldn't be long til she realizes that she is
    just creating the god she needs instead of worshiping one she actually
    thinks exists. I would treat it like a problem solving situation. If we
    can find out what she wants from her god, I am sure we can point her to
    something close to what she is looking for. At her age though, I would
    not trample on her god, she's looking for help and objectivity. That you
    can give her.

    good luck.

    Bill

    --