RE: virus: Facts on illegal immigrant health care costs to the rest of "us"

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan.davis@lineone.net)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 05:02:57 MDT

    Dear Hermit,

    I see no benefit in we two immigrants arguing over immigration. The source
    you provided to support your argument was flawed. I simply pointed that out.

    I think the argument over the economic benefits of immigration misses the
    point. Some immigrants, like me, provide massive amounts of tax revenue for
    our host countries. Other immigrants - the majority - are a net drain on the
    host country. It looks like we balance out when you compare tax revenues
    versus benefits paid out, but the picture changes when other factors are
    included like use (and abuse) of the free National Health System, Schooling,
    Housing, Crime, the black economy and socio-cultural cohesion.

    The immigration debate is not just about economics and some foolishly
    pretend this is the only factor upon which to measure the matter. The are
    hugely important issues which need to be considered when assessing pros and
    cons. In this country these include the massive problem of immigrant crime,
    the complete lack of an integration and naturalisation policy or system, the
    cost of multiculturalism and political correctness, the effects of majority
    deracination, the accommodation of political Islam, the rise of reactionary
    majority ethnic nationalists and so on.

    In the UK we have rampaging immigrant crime wave. Whole criminal industries
    are now controlled by ethnic immigrant mafia. Health services are collapsing
    under the burden of treating hordes of immigrants - most AIDS and TB beds in
    the UK are occupied by immigrants who have understandably come to get
    treatment. There is a crisis in education as schools cannot cope with the
    irruption of non-English speaking children. The housing situation in the
    South East is critical thanks to the hundreds of thousands of immigrants
    cramming in every year - most of whom refuse to move elsewhere in the
    country. I could go on at length.

    On the positive side, we have enormously industrious immigrants working all
    over this country doing essential work - but mostly illegally. As I think
    Kharin already mentioned, from building labourers through to coffee
    waitresses, cleaners, you name it - immigrants. They are mostly Eastern
    European, African, Filipino and South American. They are widely acknowledged
    to be hard working, good people. There is no doubt in my mind that these
    millions of people are essential to the economic well being of the country
    (our indolent permanent underclass won't lift a finger) and I would like to
    see them legitimised through a sane immigration policy and a properly
    ordered Asylum System. I would like to see control: The right sort of people
    let in for the right reasons, whilst the scroungers, gangsters and other
    criminals are kept out for the right reasons.

    It is this mixture of good and bad that is confusing matters. We desperately
    need good immigrants, whilst we also desperately need to damage control the
    effects of not so good immigrants.

    This issue is contentious, emotive and off topic for this list, so this will
    be my last contribution on the matter.

    Kind regards

    Jonathan