RE: virus: Facts on illegal immigrant health care costs to the rest of "us"

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan.davis@lineone.net)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 12:57:22 MDT

    Hi Hermit,

    Just for the sake of final clarification - I did not say that immigrants
    from specific countries were ipso facto good or bad because of their
    nationality. Quite the opposite. There are good and bad from all countries -
    yet there is little or no discrimination in the system.

    As for the health system, fresh in my mind was an article I read last week:
    "Aids-infected asylum seekers 'overwhelm UK hospitals'" [
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=%2Fnews%2F2003%2F06%2F15%2Fnh
    iv15.xml ] . When the doctors start to plead for help it is usually serious.

    Regarding that BBC article, I find it absurd that nutty beaurocrats can
    refuse treatment to a boy who has gone about things legally, whilst
    literally hundreds of thousands pour across the border every year and are
    entitled to full benefits that citizens have despite the fact they are
    illegal immigrants.

    That's Britain for you.

    Kind regards

    Jonathan