Re: virus: Facts on illegal immigrant health care costs to the rest of "us"

From: Walter Watts (wlwatts@cox.net)
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 15:49:32 MDT

    I liked it better when the licensed physicians ran medicine in the U.S. as opposed to
    the unlicensed insurance industry bureaucrats.

    When I'm under the knife, I don't want some economically-based, HMO Doc-In-A-Box
    looking down on me.

    Give me someone like Dr. Jed Hill from the movie "Malice" with Alec Baldwin.
    Malice, MGM/UA Video, 1993
    "The question is, 'Do I have a God complex?'"
    "Dr. Kessler says yes."
    "Which makes me wonder if this... lawyer... has any idea as to the kind of grades one
    has to receive in college to be
    accepted at a top medical school. If you have the vaguest clue as to how talented
    someone has to be to lead a surgical team.
    I have an M.D. from Harvard. I am board certified in cardio-thoracic medicine and
    trauma surgery. I have been awarded
    citations from seven different medical boards in New England, and I am never, ever,
    sick at sea. So I ask you: When someone
    goes in to that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their
    wife doesn't miscarry, or that their
    daughter doesn't bleed to death, or that their mother doesn't suffer acute neural
    trauma from post-operative shock, who do
    you think they're praying to? Now, you go ahead and read your Bible... Dennis, and
    you go to your church, and with any luck
    you might win the annual raffle, but if you're looking for God, He was in operating
    room number two on November seventeenth,
    and He doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex? Let me
    tell you something. I am God."

    Walter

    --
    Walter Watts