virus: Operation Mindfuck: Illuminate the Opposition

From: athenonrex (athenonrex@godisdead.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 23:05:51 MDT

    as per hermits request to see things of a "good" nature here, i am proposing that Virians actively engage in Operation Mindfuck (OM).

    albeit a discordian movement, not a virian, i'm sure you'll notice (in this particular suggestion) the memetic nature of this portion of the operation. it involves what are (in my opinion) some of the more ... "amicable" qualities that humans are capable of.

    some background:

    Operation Mindfuck was initiated by one Omar Ravenhurst (who's real name escapes me at the moment), as a means to combat the "legions of the greyfaced" (which is to say, people who are generally hateful, greedy, loathsome, or otherwise a drain to other people.)

    now, a lot of people would fit this description, sure. but a lot of people are "grey faces" and aren't even aware of it. our motto as discordians (one of em at least) is "Illuminate the Opposition." we, though at war with the greyfaces, use a different tactic. instead of destroying them, we make light of them by showing them how livable and wonderful life really can be.

    a simple example of this operation follows:

    Operation Mindfuck: operation #6, "Secret Satan"

    even satan has his own sins. and for the Demon voted "Most Evil" by the popularity of loathsome Christians, what else would Satan's personal sin me, other than anonymous kindness?

    thusly is the idea of this particular strategic operation in OM. to generate anonymous kindness in someone's life, providing a better day for that person, and a secret joy for yourself, as well as memetically infusing the deed so that they continue the kindness in a ripple effect.

    the procedure is quite simple:

    take an index card, write one one side: "it's your turn"

    and on the otherside, write: "someone has done an anonymous deed for you. be a gent (or a lass) and pass this card on, doing an anonymous good deed for someone else. (K) CopyLeft, all rites reversed (redistribute as you wish)"

    or something along those lines.

    then you do an anonymous good deed for someone (like buy a coffee for the next person to walk in the door at your local coffee shop), and leave the card, instructing the cashier (or whomever) to give that person the gift and the card.

    this will work. not on an exceedingly large scale, but it will work.

    it (1) is benificial to others. not only that it (2) is benificial to yourself (trust me, making someone else's day is a big boost in personal ego), and (3) the combination of the card, as well as a sense of well-being of the random kindness, makes the insentive to pass the card on with an anonymous good deed for another rather high.

    try it. just once. if you don't like it, don't do it again. be a Secret Satan, just for a day. i dare you. what...are you too chicken to try it? well, pfft to you then...i knew you'd try it...hehe

    with undying love and happiness,
    athenonrex

    ----
    This message was posted by athenonrex to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=28918>