virus: Re:Notice and Proposal of Importance to all Virians

From: Demon (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 16:53:12 MDT

    Fortunately, political ideologies are not as important in this group as is the propagation of Virian ideals. The most noticeable and increasing schism in the Church of Virus is that on one side you have people who uphold the Virian Way (Refer: Miyamoto Musashi’s The Book Of Five Rings) and want to move it beyond the various mediums of internal discussion. Then there is the people that seem to stray from the Virian Way who are also “all talk and no play.” I have seen it as well as a few prominent others.

    The goal of a virus is essentially to propagate, infect, and takeover. However, our goal is to “to compete with the traditional (irrational) religions in the human ideosphere with the idea that it would introduce and propagate memes which would ensure the survival and evolution of our species.” As noncommunicative the group is about progress, I understand that the Church of Virus is not achieving its goal nor is it getting any closer. The constant infighting and the “nowhere discussions” (discussions that do not lend a hand to our cause) are helping to keep the Virian Way hidden from public eyes.

    It is quite possible to repair this unfortunate problem, but not without collective agreement and help from every member. If this does not happen within a few months, as an entrepreneur it is my duty to reinitiate the Virian Way through another organization of my own creation. This group would have a foundation for progress. If the Church of Virus cannot, will not, or is unable to transform itself into a structured organization that endeavors to succeed in its goals, then those of us who remain on the progressive side will most likely split from Virus to form a more forward-looking and active version of it. While that is not my wish, it is always best to prepare for the worst.

    I want everyone here to ask themselves this question, “What am I doing to further the Virian Way?” I would dare to assume that you are all rational and intelligent beings that are able to decide whether your actions are progressive. If your actions are not, then you or we must be decisive in assigning yourself a goal that does help.

    metahuman out.

    ----
    This message was posted by Demon to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=28917>