RE: virus: Re:Notice and Proposal of Importance to all Virians

From: Michelle Anderson (michelle@barrymenasherealtors.com)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 11:00:37 MDT

    "Fortunately, political ideologies are not as important in this group as
    is the propagation of Virian ideals. The most noticeable and increasing
    schism in the Church of Virus is that on one side you have people who
    uphold the Virian Way (Refer: Miyamoto Musashi's The Book Of Five Rings)
    and want to move it beyond the various mediums of internal discussion.
    Then there is the people that seem to stray from the Virian Way who are
    also "all talk and no play." I have seen it as well as a few prominent
    others."

    This is a very important point to address, and I'm glad it's been
    brought up now. What is the role of those who don't have the time or
    money to contribute to organized efforts but spread word of mouth and
    forward posts to get people interested? I'm probably in the "all talk
    and no play" category, except that I am rather evangelical in private.
    As much as I would hate to lose my place here due to lack of
    contribution, I would understand if that were the desire of the group
    (to be more group-action-oriented).

    The concern is still, however, what to do if we can get people
    interested but they are greeted with low and mean-spirited attitudes,
    whether directed at them or just bad behavior in public? It's
    embarrassing, and the list is rather sparse now for fear of provoking
    more of it. A division seems extreme but might be the necessary way.
    I've seen more than one attempt at separatism already, and I don't think
    it's a bad idea... but I still hold out a cockeyed optimism that we
    could all just behave like civilized and honorable gentlepersons (heh)!
    THEN, we could more fully address bringing people to our healthy,
    attractive home. I have a hard time inviting people to a ghost town
    like something out of a Stephen King novel!