virus: Re:Notice and Proposal of Importance to all Virians

From: metahuman (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 04:21:40 MDT

    There's absolutely no reason to trust the membership to use the peer rating system honestly.

    Trust falls into the same category of irrational systems (like belief) when sufficient reason cannot be produced to justify its approach. To place faith in another, or rather, to be confident that one's actions (decisions, opinions, etc.) stand true to the Virian Way on the sole basis that the actor is accepted as a Virian is irrational because it is an infallible prejudice. As Hermit said, "Anything that is provisionally true is at least theoretically falsifiable."

    I still disagree with the peer rating system and I do accept the majority of Joe Dees' comments in this thread as truth.

    ----
    This message was posted by metahuman to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=28917>