virus: Re:Notice and Proposal of Importance to all Virians

From: ElvenSage (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 03:53:34 MDT

    Dees:
    The ratings scheme, while sincerely intended, is wide open to manipulation and abuse, since it depends upon the objective evaluation of transparently biased people.

    I agree that there is a chance that the rating system will be abused and will fail. Yet, on the other hand I do not see it being likely. Personally I'm not going to vote posts down to not being viewable unless the content is really offense and would disgrace, discredit, and harm the productivity of the CoV. This does include spamming the list with 5 message about how this or that is justified from any political stance. We have a section for that on the BBS and for the most part that is where it should stay. I must note though, you have been doing a good job in my eyes lately. (Not that I expect it to matter to you.)

    I think if used correctly the rating system will help the CoV in the end. If not, then at least it was a learning experience. As Dr. Sebby would say.....

    "Courage...and Shuffle the cards".

    ----
    This message was posted by ElvenSage to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=28917>