RE: virus: Re:Jobs and Human History

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2003 - 16:26:53 MDT

    <Blunderov chips in tangentially>
    It is possible to imagine a future that doesn't have money - what if
    that big rock comes hammering in from the asteroid belt and wipes out
    most of what we know? Probably back to barter for those that remain.

    My brother once tried to set up a network with the object of avoiding
    taxes - a dentist would do some work for a plunber (eg) and the plumber
    would fix his faucets in return and so forth. Don't the Quakers and
    other similar groups do this?

    Still, I confess, money is not likely to disappear anytime soon - it's
    just too convenient.

    Odd ball factoid: Zimbabwe is in the awkward position of not having
    enough foreign reserves to be able to afford to import the paper that
    they need to print their own currency.

    Weird scenes inside the goldmine.

    Best regards
    Blunderov