virus: Re:Notice and Proposal of Importance to all Virians

From: metahuman (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 15:59:18 MDT

    [Kalkor]
    That you have a hard time figuring out why does not change the fact. Do we
    'believe' that he would use such a system honestly? I don't 'believe' much
    of anything, Joe. Why not give it a try, instead of assuming that you're
    going to be treated the way you expect us to treat you? I find it personally
    insulting that you assume we're going to rank you the way you expect you'll
    be ranked.

    [Demon]
    Ah, the words of Hermit. ::)

    David Lucifer
    Obviously, the actions of Hermit are unclear to you. He believes that a schism is needed in this church. However, that is not the case! To function and to meet its end goal, the Church of Virus must be unified. Its congregation requires united ideals and cooperative action. Hermit's destruction of this church has already started. He has long been a retrogressive member of this community and whether, consciously or unconsciously, he damages this church, a blind eye is turned toward him.

    The enemies of the group are inside the group, consciously or unconsciously, working to diminish the value and the integrity of the group, to destroy its philosophy and its ideals. I cannot remain a member of a misorganized group whose problem members are the most influential and retain the most power over the membership. The better Virian is not the one with the highest peer rating or the most commonly spoken nom de plume. The better Virian is the one who strives to uphold the Virian Way with honor and love, and to grow its magnificence beyond the boundaries inevitably set by retrogressive Virians.

    Unfortunately, Hermit, as previously mentioned, is a parasite and is not a Virian. He creates a following for himself and he leads! Was it not one of the characteristics of this church to not have a leader? Yes, it was. Empathy is a virtue not upheld by Hermit. He has stated that he will only be empathatic to those he deems worthy of his empathy. Hypocrisy is the sin he constantly utilizes. Dogmatism is the tool he uses to achieve his respectability.

    Vision is the name I give to the quality of possessing a perspective that goes well beyond the individual in terms of space and time. All too often people make perfectly rational decisions which turn out to be bad because they were framed with too limited a scope. They fail to consider the real consequences (meaning) of their actions.

    Either Hermit has not considered the consequences of his parasitical actions towards burning down this church or is deliberately lighting the flame.

    If Joe Dees, Bill Roh, and I are the only Virians left who will work towards the goal of David's Church of Virus and who will retain the qualities once treasured amongst Virians, then let it be so.

    I am a Virian and it is that I will always remain. The Church of Virus must not be divided.

    ----
    This message was posted by metahuman to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=28917>