RE: virus: Re:Notice and Proposal of Importance to all Virians

From: Kalkor (kalkor@kalkor.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 16:48:24 MDT

    [Kalkor]
    Please treat us like rational humans. ... Give us a bit more
    credit than that, please.

    [Demon]
    It would be irrational to assume such a trait and it would be definitely
    idiotic to freely give credit undeserved.

    [Kalkor2]
    My request mentioned nothing about assumptions. For example, I am treating
    you as I would a rational human being, but I am fairly certain you are
    anything but! <wink>

    Furthermore, when you misquote someone, it is basic courtesy to indicate
    that you have <snipped> something. It keeps from turning statements like
    this: "I would sleep with you if and only if you were the last man on earth
    and needed to produce offspring."
    into statements like this: "I would sleep with you ... to produce
    offspring."

    [Kalkor]
    Perhaps you would be taken more seriously in future if you used fewer
    adjectives?

    [Demon]
    Shall we also refrain from the use of nouns and verbs? I'm positive that
    would make communication between the members of this group difficult and
    that's not to say it is effective anyway.

    [Kalkor2]
    No, I think you may continue to use nouns and verbs. They can be useful. You
    may even throw in an adverb or two.

    The tone of your reply contrasts with your approval rating on the bbs. Is
    there a correlation here that needs investigating?

    The haughty tone of your reply contrasts drastically with your low approval
    rating on the bbs. Is there a correlation here that needs investigating?

    The offensively haughty tone of your reply contrasts drastically with your
    pitifully low approval rating on the bbs. Is there a correlation here that
    needs investigating?

    Food for thought, I hope.

    Kalkor