RE: virus: Re:Notice and Proposal of Importance to all Virians

From: Kalkor (kalkor@kalkor.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 17:33:10 MDT

    [Bill]
    <snip>
    Your answer is as it is because in the
    past, when evidence is given, you ignored it.

    [Kalkor]
    You assume I ignored it. There is a difference. I traditionally read a lot
    and reply only a little. I admit that in this I am remiss, and apologize.

    [Bill]
    <snip>
    When Hermit was flaming me, did you ask him to prove his
    assertions? I don't remember seeing that.

    [Kalkor]
    No. I try not to ask people to prove statements of opinion. Flame sequences
    generally entertain me but are otherwise ignored.

    [Bill]
    Did you even check what he wrote? Go ahead, tell me ya did.

    [Kalkor]
    Yes, I did. I read a lot. I reply a little.

    [Bill]
    Did you stop reading his post immediately after his attacks on others as you
    have done in my case?

    [Kalkor]
    No, I did not. I continued to read them for a chuckle, but I stopped taking
    them seriously.

    [Bill]
    <snip>
    And I could care less about the ratings. I am interested in this only in
    that it is a beta from David. My input requires my participation and I
    do like to help. My reputation and opinion of myself would not be, in
    any way, related to anything the CoV can do, so I could care less. The
    system simply sounds interesting to me, I usually enjoy tinkering with
    David's creations, betas, and recommendations.

    [Kalkor]
    A thick skin seems to be a valuable thing. I also enjoy tinkering with his
    creations, and this one seems to have gotten an amazing response. Very
    interesting to watch and participate in.

    [Bill]
    I do not mean to be rude to you, Kalkor, and if I have been I am sorry.

    [Kalkor]
    No offense given, none taken. Thick skins and all that ;-}

    [Bill]
    <snip> will you even be able to change your
    opinion? Will you be able to realize that any person who frequently
    practices deception, will not change once you catch them? Will you
    assume it is a sometimes error or will you assume that it is SOP? Do you
    think patterns of behaviour change all that much?

    [Kalkor]
    I change my opinion all the time.
    I practice vision and hope when I can. Anyone can change.
    I try not to assume anything, and I try very hard to recognize patterns.
    Some behavior patterns change, some do not. When there is a potential for a
    change in a positive (to me) direction, I encourage it however I can.
    My own behavior patterns have changed drastically since I joined the CoV. I
    think the changes are positive, and I practice rationality more often than I
    ever dreamed. You helped, Joe helped, Hermit helped. I hope you can see that
    all of us who read often and reply little are still reading, filtering, and
    learning. I have tried not to be discouraged by the flamewars and emotional
    exchanges. In fact, I have learned a lot from them, as well.

    Good to see you back, by the way ;-}

    Kalkor