virus: Re:Hypocricy

From: Joe Dees (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 18:45:55 MDT

         My first objection to such a system was that it would reveal vulnerabilities, or targets for which the players held value, and
    would thus assist the terrorists inn target selection. I realized, however, that DARPA would've been aware of the 'winners' as soon
    as, if not sooner than, terrorists, and vulnerable valuable targets that had been previously overlooked could then be quickly
    protected. I also wondered about mahipulating such a market for monetary gain concommitant to a terrorist attack, but, considering
    what happened to certain airline stock futures immediately before 9/11, I realized that this fear has already been realized, and a
    wider knowledge could only mitigate such dangers rather than exacerbate them.

    ----
    This message was posted by Joe Dees to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=28946>