RE: virus: The partial mind on the CoV and its fate

From: Kalkor (kalkor@kalkor.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 09:36:49 MDT

    [Jonathan]
    <snip>
    I have another suggestion: A five person team, Joe and Hermit plus two other
    (one person chosen by each) and David. This taskforce's job will be to
    restate our Virion fundamentals - the basic principles upon which we ALL
    agree - and to present them as a framework through which we can refract
    meaning and truth so we can have one voice and one church.

    I am essentially asking these most brilliant men to begin the process of
    writing our church's dogma. "Dogma!" I hear you bark indignantly, "not here,
    we are not THAT sort of church."

    I simply mean a code of beliefs accepted as authoritative, not a code of
    beliefs proclaimed as true without proof.

    <snip>

    [Kalkor]
    Outstanding idea, imho! I'm all for it! One good place I think we could
    start is by reconciling the Lexicon at http://virus.lucifer.com/lexicon.html
    with what we have come up with on the Wiki. One example I can recall was
    brought to our attention in IRC by Demon/Metahuman, during his
    correspondence with the author of another atheist website (I can't recall
    which author or his site address... any help?):

    The lexicon states:
    ATHEISM:(vl) The doctrine that there is no God. Atheists believe that there
    is insufficient evidence for God and/or that the concept of God is
    incoherent so its existence is logically impossible.

    The Wiki states at http://virus.lucifer.com/wiki/atheism:
    A - "without" Theism - "belief in gods"

    Atheism is merely the attitude held towards gods by a person who is an
    atheist, i.e. without belief in gods; and although some atheists (strong
    atheists) will make the assertion that there are no gods, most atheists,
    including weak atheists (those atheists who accept that there may be some
    gods somewhere that we have not yet looked), will deny the existence of
    particular self- or nature-contradicting gods.

    This is just one of the many discrepancies that make us look like we don't
    have our shit together ;-}
    I think now is a perfect time to focus on some outward consistency in what
    we "preach".

    Kalkor