virus: Hilarious Brights Critique

From: Kharin (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 03:10:07 MDT

    Apparently a theologian was asked to comment on the Brights idea, one Stanley Hauerwas, and responded as follows:

    "Quite frankly, I find the kinds of things that Dennett is saying to be remarkably stupid for such a smart man. He says that what we [sic] brights represent is the denial of all supernatural explanations — well, when did he get the idea that Christianity and Judaism are about supernaturalism? That has very little to do with classical Christian convictions… The brights just don’t know dip about classical Christian theology…. It never occurs to them that we are looking at a 2,000-year-old tradition, and it takes a hell of a lot of study to even begin to think you know what you’re talking about, and yet they think that they can sound off because they’re pretty sure it’s about supernaturalism. Give me a break."

    So, there you have it. No supernatural entities to see here, move along folks.

    ----
    This message was posted by Kharin to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29024>