virus: Church & State Separation: Good or bad?

From: metahuman (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 14:58:51 MDT

    I have never completely indulged myself in learning about this topic, but recently, I came upon this little bit of information: the separation of church and state law was proposed to protect the church because the founders of the US Constitution knew that the US government would always regulate itself. If church and state were not separated then the state would regulate religion and "freedom of religon" would be nearly non-existent. From a Virian (or MetaVirian) plane of perspective, is church and state separation a good or bad idea? Why?

    *Italics: "little bit of information."
    *Post-Italics: my own musings.

    ----
    This message was posted by metahuman to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29027>