RE: virus: Scientology: What is it? What are your opinions?

From: Keith Henson (hkhenson@rogers.com)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 20:13:00 MDT

    At 09:41 AM 12/08/03 -0700, you wrote:

    snip

    [Kalkor]

    The article was set off by ******** but point taken.

    >Second, any ideas on some of the more successful submemes in Scientology
    >that we could use to our advantage, without being 'evil'?

    I don't think there is a meme in scientology you would want to consider
    using. Look up xenu, body thetans and clusters, history of man. Nuts
    every bit of it.

    On the other hand, the basic mechanism of rewarding people with attention
    is what every successful cult and for that matter every other kind of
    organization does. Some degree of social reward makes people wiggle like
    puppies being petted and makes them feel good from the dopamine and
    endorphins. The problem is to keep it related to the real world and not
    empty like the status you get in scientology.

    Keith