RE: virus: Re:Hilarious Brights Critique

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 15:53:53 MDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: owner-virus@lucifer.com [mailto:owner-virus@lucifer.com] On Behalf
    Of Kharin
    Sent: 13 August 2003 09:04 PM
    To: virus@lucifer.com
    Subject: virus: Re:Hilarious Brights Critique

    <q>
    Dear Blunderov,

    "The 'fact' of Christ's divinity was decided by a show of hands at the
    treaty of Nicaea. So it must be true."

    In the event that the deliberations at Nicea were incorrect concerning
    the divinity of christ, I should certainly like to have been present
    during his attempt to walk on water. Of course, this also means that the
    Roman gossips* were right about the virgin birth after all...

    * See Celsus, On the True Doctrine.
    </q>

    Thank you for the pointer. I had not heard of Celsus before. Amongst
    other links, I found this:
    http://www.errantyears.com/1998/feb98/000260.html
    <q>
     "It is clear to me that the writings of the christians are a lie, and
    that
    your fables are not well-enough constructed to conceal this monstrous
    fiction: I have heard that some of your interpreters...are on to the
    inconsistencies and, pen in hand, alter the originals writings, three,
    four
    and several more times over in order to be able to deny the
    contradictions
    in the face of criticism."
    </q>

    [Bl.] Not a lot has changed.