Re: virus: Joes's new hero (was re:The Prophet)

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 16:02:59 MDT

    > I submit that you are wrong in that this is not an insult to you, your
    > mother, your family, or your pets but rather a criticism of your
    > behavior on this list. You may very well be a fine person when you
    > aren't acting like Dick Cheney's memebot. I accept your repasting
    > again (since you seem incapable of making any sense on your own today)
    > for completeness the first part of your originally pasted unoriginal
    > quote. The full inspired passage from your new hero goes like this.

    Reread the quote. It was indeed prophetic concerning the recent
    Northeastern power outage, and I submit that pointing it out does not
    qualify me as a memebot, although insisting that no words from a
    certain person with which one disagrees, however true, should be
    posted on the list does suspiciously indicate the presence of dogmatic
    and prejudiced memetic filters. I never did indicate that Cheney was my
    hero; merely that his words were indeed prophetic. I can put my own
    words in my mouth, thankyouverymuch, with no need of slanted
    assistance from you.

    > "The report we issued last month presented more than 100
    > recommendations covering virtually the entire range of concerns
    > that face the American people. One of the concerns, obviously, is the
    > aging power grid the growing problem that we have in getting
    > electricity from the power plant to the light switch. It's clear that
    > we must upgrade and expand the power grid. If we put more connections
    > in place, we'll go a long way towards avoiding future blackouts.
    > Another broad aim is to increase energy supplies from diverse sources;
    > from oil and gas, renewables, coal, hydro and nuclear. This is the
    > kind of balanced approach we think is essential if we're going to meet
    > the country's energy needs down the road and take care of many of our
    > other concerns,ESPECIALLY WITH RESPECT TO THE ENVIRONMENT"." -- Vice
    > President Dick Cheney, U.S. Energy Association Efficiency Forum
    > Washington, D.C., June 13, 2001
    >
    > ---
    >
    > the caps emphasis was my own to point outsome hypocrisy which you seem
    > to be avoiding. I know that criticizing your new hero can seem painful
    > to you Joe, but the sheriff can't protect you on that one, and I
    > assume he probably tell the difference.If you act like a memebot, and
    > we can't point out instances where you do so, then the entire CoV
    > lexicon is truly meaningless, and I can't imagine that anyone relevant
    > to the decision to create intended the sheriff's position to operate
    > this way.

    But I have not been acting as Cheney's memebot, or as anyone else's;
    this conclusion of yours is totally bereft of merit, regardless of whether
    you can garner support from the likeminded for the maintainence of this
    or any other slanderous lie. And to slanderously lie about someone is
    by definition an insult.

    > If you can't play the game honestly, maybe you should
    > try quitting, Joe. For your own mentalhealth if nothing else. You
    > obviously seem incapable of engaging in any meaningful debate.

    You actually seem incapable of engaging in any debate that does not
    involve omission, mischaracterization and ad hominem. Such list
    behavior is indeed violating the rules of the game, as set down by
    Sheriff David. I have not engaged in any insults or derogation against
    any other list member since the law was laid down, but you and Hermit
    seem intent upon pushing the envelope until you split it open. The Law
    must ne the Same for All; a double standard in its application renders it
    totally ineffective. If you cannot bring yourself to post without violating
    the list rules, perhaps it is YOU who should consider quitting.

    > In any
    > case, if I really am insulting you (as you imagine), I invite you to
    > ignore me and not respond, especially on the public list, as this only
    > makes problems worse. You seem to have a really ugly experiences with
    > this problem.&nb! sp; Didn't your mother ever teach you not to run
    > with scissors, and other good lessons like that? I'm sure she did, you
    > probably just didn't really listen. It's never too late to learn, Joe.
    > Good luck.

    Once again you insult me, and with no good reason that I can ascertain.
    You need to get hold of yourself, Jake, or else the Sheriff needs to get
    hold of you.

    > Love,
    >
    > -Jake
    >
    > Joe whined:

    Jos truthfully pointed out. The epithet of 'whining' is just another insult
    meant to intimidate people from using the Law to end list bullying. I
    sincerely hope out Sheriff does not allow it to so function.