Re: virus: Joes's new hero (was re:The Prophet)

From: Jake Sapiens (every1hz@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 15:40:32 MDT

    I submit that you are wrong in that this is not an insult to you, your
    mother, your family, or your pets but rather a criticism of your behavior
    on this list. You may very well be a fine person when you aren't acting
    like Dick Cheney's memebot. I accept your repasting again (since you seem
    incapable of making any sense on your own today) for completeness the first part
    of your originally pasted unoriginal quote. The full inspired passage from
    your new hero goes like this.

    "The report we issued last month presented more than 100

    recommendations covering virtually the entire range of concerns

    that face the American people. One of the concerns, obviously, is

    the aging power grid the growing problem that we have in getting

    electricity from the power plant to the light switch. It's clear that

    we must upgrade and expand the power grid. If we put more

    connections in place, we'll go a long way towards avoiding future

    blackouts. Another broad aim is to increase energy supplies from

    diverse sources; from oil and gas, renewables, coal, hydro and

    nuclear. This is the kind of balanced approach we think is

    essential if we're going to meet the country's energy needs down

    the road and take care of many of our other concerns, ESPECIALLY

    WITH RESPECT TO THE ENVIRONMENT"." -- Vice President Dick Cheney,

    U.S. Energy Association Efficiency Forum Washington, D.C.,

    June 13, 2001

    ---

    the caps emphasis was my own to point out some hypocrisy which you
    seem to be avoiding.  I know that criticizing your new hero can seem
    painful to you Joe, but the sheriff can't protect you on that one, and I assume
    he probably tell the difference.  If you act like a memebot, and we
    can't point out instances where you do so, then the entire CoV lexicon is truly
    meaningless, and I can't imagine that anyone relevant to the decision to create
    intended the sheriff's position to operate this way.  If you can't
    play the game honestly, maybe you should try quitting, Joe.  For
    your own mental health if nothing else.  You obviously seem incapable
    of engaging in any meaningful debate.  In any case, if I really am
    insulting you (as you imagine), I invite you to ignore me and not respond,
    especially on the public list, as this only makes problems worse.  You seem
    to have a really ugly experiences with this problem.  Didn't your mother
    ever teach you not to run with scissors, and other good lessons like that?
    I'm sure she did, you probably just didn't really listen.  It's never too
    late to learn, Joe.  Good luck.

    Love,

    -Jake

    Joe whined:

    I submit this post by Jake Sapiens as an example of an insult to me
    personally (re: memebot), the kind of thing that our new sheriff
    supposedly forbade.  I also note that the section that
    specifically had to
    do with power grids, namely "One of the concerns, obviously, is the
    aging power grid; the growing problem that we have in getting electricity
    from the power plant to the light switch.  It's clear that we
    must upgrade
    and expand the power grid.  If we put more connections in place,
    we'll
    go a long way towarfs avoiding future blackouts.", was cut, and then the
    charge came that the comments Cheney made had nothing to do with
    power grids, even those that were deleted directly addressed them.

        Joe Dees shared the following:

        "Another broad aim is to increase energy supplies from
    diverse
        sources; from oil and gas, renewables, coal, hydro and nuclear.
    This
        is the kind of balanced approach we think is essential if
    we're
        going to meet the country's energy needs down the road and take
    care
        of many of our other concerns, especially with respect to
    the
        environment." -- Vice President Dick Cheney, U.S. Energy
    Association
        Efficiency Forum Washington, D.C., June 13, 2001"

        A really entertaining piece of hypocrisy.How interesting to see
    that
        you value this Virian sin in your so-called "prophet", Joe. Do
    you
        have any more examples of this kind of banal sinful behavior
    which
        you want to offer for the heroic charge it imbues you with?Feel
    free
        to keep to yourself next time.

      [Joe2] Actually, I made no comment upon Cheney's connections
    with
      Halliburton, but I do note that a veterinarian would not be in a
      position of knowledge with respect to power grids, and further
    note
      that not only dod Cheney predict the problems that the northeast
    power
      grid recently suffered, but also if the private companies who own
    it
      had followed his advice and built better safeguards and
    redundancy
      into the system, the entire travesty might well have been
    averted.

      [Jake2] Actually you ONLY commented on Cheney as a prophet (re
    subj
      line)when you shared this. The rest of it was a simple cut and
    paste,
      as you rarely speak or write for yourself competently much
    anymore
      these days. And the above excerpt had nothing to do with power
    grids.
      Keep up with the conversation, Joe. I'm tired talking to the new
      memebot-Joe. Cheney didn't exactly invite any environmentalists to
    his
      secret smoked filled room meetings right before he and his
      Enronfriends decided to fuck up the west coast power for his
    personal
      financial gain. (hypocrisy) But Ken Lay was certainly very welcome.
    So
      does this man speak for you now, Joe? A prophet . . . I see. You
    must
      volunteer for minionhood rather easily. I suppose you can join Ken
    Lay
      and his other disciples, and start a real religious crusade to put
    the
      whole country (minus Texas) in the dark. There could be some
    real
      money in that kind of p! iracy. I hear that a lot of former
    Arthur
      Anderson employees can helpy'all with the accounting. They don't
    seem
      to be good for any other kind of honest accounting these days and
    can
      probably use the work, criminal though it may be. Whatever sort
    of
      expertise Cheney may have in power grids, he obviously hasn't
      exercised it to actually create anything worthwhile, except to
    show
      that he is capable of turning off the power when he really wants
      leave liberals whowill never vote for him in the dark. Maybe if
      Florida doesn't look like it is going their way in the next
    election,
      they can turn off the power there too, just in casethose aging
      Floridianscan't get with new authoritarian program.

        Love,

        -Jake