virus: Joes's new hero (was re:The Prophet)

From: Jake Sapiens (every1hz@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 14:25:03 MDT

      Joe Dees shared the following:

      "Another broad aim is to increase energy supplies from diverse

      sources; from oil and gas, renewables, coal, hydro and nuclear.
    This

      is the kind of balanced approach we think is essential if we're
    going

      to meet the country's energy needs down the road and take care of
    many

      of our other concerns, especially with respect to the environment."

    --
      Vice President Dick Cheney, U.S. Energy Association Efficiency
    Forum

      A really entertaining piece of hypocrisy.How interesting to see
    that
      you value this Virian sin in your so-called "prophet", Joe. Do you
    have
      any more examples of this kind of banal sinful behavior which you
    want
      to offer for the heroic charge it imbues you with?Feel free to keep
      yourself next time.

    [Joe2] Actually, I made no comment upon Cheney's connections with
    Halliburton, but I do note that a veterinarian would not be in a position
    of knowledge with respect to power grids, and further note that not only
    dod Cheney predict the problems that the northeast power grid recently
    suffered, but also if the private companies who own it had followed his
    advice and built better safeguards and redundancy into the system, the
    entire travesty might well have been averted.

    [Jake2] Actually you ONLY commented on Cheney as a prophet (re subj
    line) when you shared this. The rest of it was a simple cut and paste, as
    you rarely speak or write for yourself competently much anymore these
    days.  And the above excerpt had nothing to do with power grids.  Keep
    up with the conversation, Joe.  I'm tired talking to the new
    memebot-Joe.  Cheney didn't exactly invite any environmentalists to his
    secret smoked filled room meetings right before he and his Enron friends
    decided to fuck up the west coast power for his personal financial gain.
    (hypocrisy)  But Ken Lay was certainly very welcome.  So does this man
    speak for you now, Joe?  A prophet . . . I see.  You must volunteer
    for minionhood rather easily.  I suppose you can join Ken Lay and his other
    disciples, and start a real religious crusade to put the whole country (minus
    Texas) in the dark.  There could be some real money in that kind of
    piracy.  I hear that a lot of former Arthur Anderson employees can
    help y'all with the accounting.  They don't seem to be good for any
    other kind of honest accounting these days and can probably use the work,
    criminal though it may be.  Whatever sort of expertise Cheney may have in
    power grids, he obviously hasn't exercised it to actually create anything
    worthwhile, except to show that he is capable of turning off the power when he
    really wants to leave liberals who will never vote for him in the
    dark.  Maybe if Florida doesn't look like it is going their way in the next
    election, they can turn off the power there too, just in case those aging
    Floridians can't get with new authoritarian program.

      Love,

      -Jake