Re: virus: In Support of Reason

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 11:59:32 MDT

    Date sent: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:43:36 -0600
    To: virus@lucifer.com
    Subject: virus: In Support of Reason
    From: "Hermit" <hidden@lucifer.com>
    Send reply to: virus@lucifer.com

> [...]
    > insulting, irrational or irascable, all bear the deadly stigmata of
    > poor formatting and excessive volume. Joe Dees has a problem with i.
    > The list is driven crazy by a flourish of posts. Whether whining,
    > insulting, irrational or irascable, all bear the deadly stigmata of
    > poor formatting and excessive volume. Joe Dees has a problem with j.
    > The list is driven crazy by a flourish of posts. Whether whining,
    > insulting, irrational or irascable, all bear the deadly stigmata of
    > poor formatting and excessive volume. ... Joe Dees has a problem with
    > z. The list is driven crazy by a flourish of posts. Whether whining,
    > insulting, irrational or irascable, all bear the deadly stigmata of
    > poor formatting and excessive volume.Is there a pattern here perhaps?
    > Do we begin to realize that there may be some common denominator?
    >
    > I suggest that if Dees wants to be a trolling memebot, let him play
    > the memebot troll. We cannot prevent this. If Dees wants to piss on
    > anyone in his proximity, I say let him do so if it makes him happy and
    > he can find participants in his "water sports". We cannot prevent this
    > either. But what the hell entitles him to behave this way in our
    > forums. We offered him an alternative, which he adamantly opposed and
    > rejected, yet despite apparently wanting to remain here, he continues
    > to piss in our pool. As previously suggested, such behaviour can only
    > be characterised as "dog in the mangerish". What is with the angst
    > about acting? There are solutions. There is a sheriff in town.
    >
    > For so long as we permit Dees' antisocial behaviour to persist,
    > without taking appropriate action, we are guilty parties. Not Joe Dees
    > alone, for I suggest that he is merely behaving according to his
    > vitriolic memeplex. It is the nature of the beast. The onus is on us
    > to act. He cannot.
    >
    > So if our "reputation" system is worth anything, if our "karma" system
    > is worth anything, and if "The Law" is worth anything, then we should
    > be taking action to preserve our forums from Joe Dees' repeated
    > onslaughts. David Lucifer, you have our support, our trust and our
    > hope that you will act , preferably permanently, against Joe Dees, who
    > apparently deluded into considering that his voice outweighs all other
    > considerations, or perhaps deeming himself as having nothing to lose,
    > seems hell-bent on making the CoV untenable for everyone else.
    >
    > Hermit, Kharin and Rhino
    > (and assuming Jake Sapiens will subscribe to this request, represent
    > an effective 21% of the equity in the CoV. If you agree with this
    > motion, 33.29% support this request without any other support being
    > required).
    >
    > PS Others who choose to join their voices to this thread, please make
    > short supporting or opposing posts.
    >
    > PPS Don't blame Kharin and Rhino who might have been gentler, for the
    > wording. The documented was drafted by Hermit who accepts full
    > responsibility for any errors or excesses.

    Oh, Puh-LEEEZE! Is it reasonable to attack a post merely for being
    correct if your memeplex dogmatically refuses to allow a despised
    individual (in this case, Cheney) to be right about ANYTHING? And to
    further misrepresent the post and to slander the messenger/poster? If
    this is what these members of the list calls reason they have most
    clearly lost all contact with the concept.
    Truth has nothing to do with popularity. If it did, then the leading US
    philosopher would be Oprah Winfrey. And it is precisely the truths that
    people find unpalatable that they need to face, for the sake of their own
    personal growth.