RE: virus: Prophecy

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 15:58:33 MDT

    From: "Blunderov" <squooker@mweb.co.za>
    To: <virus@lucifer.com>
    Subject: RE: virus: Prophecy
    Date sent: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:34:02 +0200
    Send reply to: virus@lucifer.com

    > But why choose Cheney as the prophet? I cannot imagine that he was the
    > only one to notice that a disaster was looming. Of course you can call
    > me on this, but I feel confident that I will have no trouble finding
    > other 'prophets' of an event that was more or less inevitable.

    I didn't say that there aren't plenty of others (although, considering
    Hermit's many failed predictions of doom if his appeasatory and self-
    blaming US foreign policy advice was not followed, he is
    unquestionably not among them), just that in the context of that single
    statement, Cheney was indeed prophetic.
    I have the feeling, however, that if I'd titled the post "A Prophet" instead,
    I still would've been flamed, simply because some people onlist cannot
    stand for anyone in the current administration to be right about
    ANYTHING.