RE: virus: Prophecy

From: Jake Sapiens (every1hz@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 23:38:17 MDT

    I haven't jumped to the conspiracy position on the Northeast power outage
    myself, though I haven't completely put it out of my mind either. However
    if true, it wouldn't be the first time that Cheney has had firsthand involvement
    in such a thing. Disclosures since the California rolling blackouts
    increasingly point to deliberate and deceptive manipulations of the energy
    market by with the deliberate intention, or at least the knowledge that putting
    California in the dark was the likely outcome. It wouldn't even surprise
    me if Ken Lay and Dick Cheney actually discussed this conspiracy at their secret
    governmental meeting while they were setting the energy policies that everyone
    will have to live with. Of course we may never know for certain since they
    were secret.

    Your points however stand out very clearly. If I "prophesy" that
    Californians will suffer power outages if they do not vote for me, it doesn't
    really count as a prophesy if I am effectively the person with the
    switchbox.

    -Jake