Re: Re:virus: Requiem :David's Law Against Flaming...

From: BIllroh@churchofvirus.com
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 10:26:05 MDT

    Metahuman - I know you meant well, but I do not idolize anyone. I agree with
    Joe on some politics, and I care about Joe as a friend. But for the most
    part, I do not read his musings or his work as it simply does not interest
    me all that much (no offense Joe). Joe and I are very different people and
    while it is admittedly difficult for me to see him lashing out like a
    wounded animal surrounded by hyenas, it is even more difficult for me to see
    the CoV suffering as it is. Joe's problem is a church problem. As such, the
    CoV needs to find a way to deal with it (the problem of spamming). I
    guarantee that some of us won't like the results, but none the less we must
    move forward. We must let the CoV deal the law as we decide it should be
    dealt, and trust in David to implement the results as best he can. I don't
    always agree with David, and at one time strongly disagreed, but through the
    years that I have known him, he has worked hard to be evenhanded. Going so
    far as to ask my opinion even when I had left the CoV. If David is going to
    ask me about something - you know he's going out on a limb to be fair.

    My advise to yourself and Joe: Don't be so easily provoked. Fitler messages
    if you think you can't read them without responding. Silence is NOT
    acquiessence - any college communications class will teach you that. Silence
    is a much broader tool - use it.

    Bill Roh

    Reason - Vision - Empathy
    Tools for a Healthy Mind