Re: virus: Enough is enough.

From: Jake Sapiens (every1hz@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 16:18:48 MDT

    I am willing to back off of my suggestion to ban Joe, if we institute some
    sort of flooding controls on at least him. Perhaps on everyone if we feel
    we need to for fairness, but I think it would be plenty fair to to limit it to
    just Joe at this point considering the incredible magnitude and duration of his
    flooding. Everyone who has responded so far to this "Enough is
    enough" thread (with the possible exception of Metahuman aka "Demon", who seems
    to have fallen in love with Joe's company), seems to agree that Joe has
    been out of control for quite some time. Some have expressed a little
    faint-heartedness at banning him permanently, something I personally think is
    long overdue. Imposing a posting limit on Joe would still allow him to
    participate as a member of this community without subjecting everyone else to
    his bad flooding habits. Considering that Joe seems unable to control
    himself in this regard, this may actually aid him in winning back some
    respect. Until we are able to agree to some form of the above
    suggested solutions to the Joe problem, I continue to urge my position that we
    permanently remove Joe from the Church of the Virus community.

    -Jake