RE: virus: Heat Advisory - URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE HAS BEEN ISSUED

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 15:04:13 MDT

    > Heat Advisory - URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR TULSA
    > COUNTY VALID FROM WED AUG 20 2003 03:50 PM CDT UNTIL THU AUG 21 2003
    > 04:00 PM CDT. TULSA OK- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BROKEN ARROW...SAND

    [Blunderov] I was reading in the paper the other day it is expected that
    by the turn of this century there will not be any ice on the Arctic pole
    during the summer months anymore. If the trend accelerates, this will
    occur even sooner than that.

    Apparently this will result in a massive influx of cold water into the
    Gulf Stream which is said to have a major influence on the climatic
    conditions pertaining throughout Europe.

    It is clear that the weather has taken a turn for the extreme all over
    the world. We have just had a huge storm over the Cape and there was
    even snow on the beaches in Cape Town, something that I have never heard
    of happening before.

    Even though I live in what is regarded as one of the most temperate
    cities in the world, I am not looking forward to the Summer.

    Although I abstained on voting for a city in which to hold the Virus
    Conference because I am unlikely to be able to attend, the thought
    strikes me now that Nevada might not be the best choice.

    Keep cool everybody.