Re:virus: Minimal belief set

From: Hermit (virus@hermit.net)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 13:44:06 MDT

    On belief, http://virus.lucifer.com/wiki/belief

    For a basic set of Axioms, the Epistemological Axioms are a very sound place to begin:

                Existence
                Consciousness
                Reality
                Identity
                Non-contradiction
                Causality

    You will find more on the topic at FAQ: Epistemology, Axioms, Reality, Consciousness, the Universe and Everything (http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=31;action=display;threadid=11543).

    Please notice that while it is quite likely that these axioms are, all of them, as unprovable as they are fundamental, they do suffice to describe our consesus model of the world sufficiently well for us to operate, and removing any one of them appears to cause visible gaps in our network of scientific and philosophical models.

    Regards

    Hermit

    ----
    This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29194>