Re:virus: Abuse of power or playful bickering?

From: Hermit (virus@hermit.net)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 19:49:07 MDT

    Actually Elvensage, your reputation had dropped two days ago to where you could not have posted a vote. At that time I had you rated as high as I could, and suggested to others that they consider the possibility of raising their estimation of your reputation - as I recalled that you had mentioned that you saw the ability to establish votes as important to what you had been working on. It was then decided by others that as you have access to the wiki (everyone with a reputation over 6 now has this) that that would probably be sufficient and that you could work on improving others perception of you yourself.

    The only reason I have now lowered my opinion of you - and I have, although probably temporarily - is that rather than a discussion with me - as the fellow Virian you whose actions you were unhappy with, or attempting to follow the pre-agreed and documented process, your friendship with Mermaid lead you to not to communicate with me, which has resulted in yet another personal disgereement getting onto our BBS - which is exactly what we have been attempting to establish systems to avoid.

    My recommendation is to study the already established and instituted procedures. They exist. If you feel that you have a valid complaint, please follow them. Notice that private communication with me should have been your first step, and then communication with David Lucifer had you not been able to resolve your issues with me is what was called for. Not attempting to form a clique to bring me what you see as my just desserts. In that light, I would suggest that publicaly dragging in further allegations of what you see as "abuse of power" (and I'd also remind you that the primary rule on any IRC channel, including #virus, is "don't piss the ops") in order to bolster your arguments is in direct violation of the existing accepted rules.

    Thank-you for your attention

    Hermit

    Who further notes that he has already apologised for his words issued in anger, and also agrees not to be involved in a repeat action.

    ----
    This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29203>