Re:virus: Abuse of power or playful bickering?

From: Hermit (virus@hermit.net)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 20:30:22 MDT

    On a point of order, the only person in the Church of Virus capable of angering me is Mermaid.

    On a further point of order, I have already apologised to my fellow Virians for responding to Mermaid in anger and committed not to do it again.

    I hope that Mermaid and ElvenSage apologise for their words and approach, but my apology above is not conditional or predicated on this.

    I do not intend to apologise for any other channel kicks I have given, as I have, with the exception of this time with Mermaid, never considered the (serious) kicks I have given to be unwarranted. To tell the difference between serious and playful consider the attached kick message. A kick, or even a short kick-ban on IRC is not a serious thing. It is a slap on the wrist and should be treated as such. Just as receiving ops on a channel is not a serious thing. Even so, a brief examination of our logs will show that I am far more likely to op somebody than ban them.

    I cannot join you on IRC tonight until perhaps about 2 hours from now, as I have already delayed some important business due to this discussion.

    Later

    Hermit

    PS Kid-A, as I repeatedly said, don't worry about a thing. You neither said nor did anything I considered wrong or where an apology is needed.

    ----
    This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29203>