RE: virus: The Ideohazard 1.1

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan.davis@lineone.net)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 06:08:19 MDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: owner-virus@lucifer.com [mailto:owner-virus@lucifer.com] On Behalf Of
    Hermit
    Sent: 15 September 2003 12:22
    To: virus@lucifer.com
    Subject: Re:virus: The Ideohazard 1.1

    [Jonathan 2] This is yet more bunk

    [Hermit 3] The reason I don't need to bother responding to anything further
    said by Jonathan Davis is that he didn't bother to indicating what the
    original bunk was. Despite this, I will address a few areas of difference.

    [Jonathan 3] I failed to identify non-bunk, hence the omission.

    [Hermit 3] Note that the areas <snipped> are what makes the US under the
    current Administration a "rogue nation" both in terms of International law
    (under which the US has not only accused but even tried others) and in terms
    of having voided the legitimacy of American law in that the "Supremacy
    Clause" states unequivocably that, the "Constitution, and the Laws of the
    United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all treaties
    made or shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be
    the Supreme Law of the Land." (Article VI of The United States
    Constitution).

    [Jonathan 3] Relevance score: 0. Next!

    [Hermit 3] Does Jonathan Davis know that while the US authorized
    naturalization for "free white persons" who had resided in the United States
    for at least two years and swore loyalty to the U.S. Constitution in 1790,
    this did not apply to Asians or blacks.

    [Jonathan 3] Relevance score: 0. Next!

    [Hermit 3] A few Asian groups were permitted access to naturalization in the
    1940s, but most had to wait for 1952 when these outdated rules were finally
    lifted.

    [Jonathan 3] You are introducing a problem rectified over 50 years ago as
    somehow relevant to our discussion. Odd bordering on bizarre.

    [Hermit 3] Does Jonathan Davis know that the US killed a million Filipinos
    in the 1899-1902 war of occupation? That he doesn't know that they, like the
    Chinese (previously attacked to force them to keep their markets open for
    opium sales by British and American drug dealers) were shipped in vast
    numbers as cheap labor to the US.

    [Jonathan 3] I know of pogroms, mass murders, forced starvation and
    brutality meted out by those with power against those without throughout
    recorded history and almost certainly before. So what? Stick to the point.

    [Hermit 3] He Jonathan Davis never heard of the strict anti-oriental
    non-assimilation policies in place in the US through into the 1950s? "Go to
    the other side of town!", "No orientals allowed", "It is illegal for
    Filipinos to marry white women!" "Just go back to your own country, you're
    not wanted here!" Has Jonathan Davis never heard of the race riots and
    lynchings of Stockton, Exeter, Watsonville and other cities in California -
    in the late 1930s. Have some history -
    http://web.mit.edu/21h.153j/www/chrono.html.

    [Jonathan 3] I know well what happened in a former era, where attitudes and
    norms were different. I wonder if Hermit thinks the actions and brutalities
    carried out by his (and mine) own Ethno-national group as recently as the
    early 90's reflect something about he and I?

    [Hermit 3] Pointing out the deficiencies of an administration and its export
    of death and terror does not mean that the person doing so is "anti" that
    country, although given the inculcated climate of conformity in the US, I
    readily concede that such criticism voiced towards the Bush Administratin
    has frequently been termed "un American" by the neo-cons and their
    raggle-taggle bands of hanger-ons. Even so, significant numbers of Americans
    have now reached the point where such criticism is being voiced. And in my
    opinion, a good thing too. Try here for a taste of what happens when this is
    suppressed -
    http://pages.britishlibrary.net/blwww3/3way/chomstateoppression.htm.

    [Jonathan 3]

    "All seems infected that the infected spy,
    As all seems yellow to the jaundiced eye."
    Pope: Essay on Criticism.

    Regards

    Jonathan