virus: Re:Virian Fitness Boot Camp

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 19:54:51 MDT

    excellent! this is going better than i expected. take care of your body and take control. some suggestions. a word about diets. diets might work in the short term, but exercise is utterly important. especially, if you are glued to a chair for most parts of the day. i have observed(and this is a general observation...i am not an authority on the subject) that sedentary people tend to eat more. having been sedentary at several periods in my life myself, i suspect that the culprit is(that is...in my case, it was..) stomach acidity which is sort of like 'pseudo-hunger'. the stomach acids secrete and give you a false message that you are hungry, thereby creating this unjustified appetite. as you eat more calories than you expend, the results are quite predictable. a good habit, i have found, is to maintain regular timings for eating and sticking to it. keep moving, keep eating and shake that booty once in a while even if it means that you have to dance all by yourself in your shower.

    #2. i was wondering if it would be too much to extend the virian bootcamp into the mental playground too. like the time we fritter away. how many of us can account for every hour of the day. do we lose track of time? time past can never be regained(if someone mentions time travel, i'll hunt you down to smack you up your head) you could learn a word every day or try to speak in a different language. did you want to write a novel, but never had the time to start it? this is the time to begin any new projects you always wanted to do, but always felt lazy to start. we'll be here to cheer and jeer. want to start a family? we'll be there with the videocamera, studio lights and model release forms. (nahh..i am just kidding....(no, i am not...(yes, i am!)...)...)

    i think we can keep adding to the bootcamp goals that go beyond physical wellness. tomorrow is when it begins. keep adding to this thread whatever you think is needed to increase your quality of life. there might be people out there who dont want to state what they want to change in their lives. thats ok too. the only advantage of talking about it is getting ideas and helpful hints from others and a whipcrack from the rest when you slack. if you are on a personal mission, good luck on that too. whatever it is, start tomorrow. run it for six weeks if only to get used to the changes and to decide if its the right path for you.

    good luck to all.

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29265>