virus: Re:communication and body language.

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 10:42:12 MDT

    interesting digression. my initial post was to query people on their own personal and unique techniques of communicating and deliberately employing body language to reach their ends. i truly enjoyed the various posts on interpretation of body language etc. still, my query remains largely unanswered. maybe we need to illustrate with examples? given a hypothetical situation ...like a task assigned, have anyone of you recognised the conscious or unconscious movements and subtle signals you generate in order to communicate effectively? feel free to make up your own hypothetical situation.

    e.g: i have always found that lowering my voice often draws people closer to me. they pay more attention because if they dont, they cant hear a freaking word i utter. minimal infliction of emotion in the voice also lulls people to listening more attentively. basically, the idea is to take control of the scattering of the listener's attention. this is something i employ consciously if i urgently want someone to listen to me. 'body language' interpretation is a whole different subject which is also interesting, but rather iffy and too varied for general analysis.

    re leni riefenstahl, an ancient time article surfaced just after her death. you can find it here: http://www.time.com/time/columnist/corliss/article/0,9565,340279,00.html

    an interesting snippet:

    Many fine filmmakers have worked under dictatorships: Roberto Rossellini and Luchino Visconti in fascist Italy; Douglas Sirk and G.W. Pabst in the Third Reich; Eisenstein (profitably, then pathetically) for Stalin. U.S. directors, with no official prodding, often made racist films. Griffith's "The Birth of a Nation" was rabidly anti-Negro, and many 30s and 40s films used horrendous ethnic stereotypes. In the past decade we have seen the heroic, compromised struggles of humanist directors in the People's Republic of China and the Islamic Republic of Iran. (end snip)

    the link originated from (alleged holocaust denier...europeon audience take note..i am not aware of the holocaust denial laws that discourage viewing 'anti semitic' webpages...but hey! just a warning)david irving's rather notorious and extensive website.

    http://www.fpp.co.uk/Letters/Hitler/Romanov090903.html

    related leni-eisenstein discussion in photo.net (yea, we discuss everything there!!) scroll down to michael bender's post.

    http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=005fZm

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29280>