RE: virus: The rift in the lute*

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 18:24:48 MDT

    http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=005zOm

    <snip>
    WARNING! Be very aware of WHERE you are shooting in the United States!

    I'm writing this to alert all of you to be very aware WHERE you are
    shooting while in the United States! Yesterday I was out doing some
    street shooting and apparently I wandered a little too close to our
    Federal Building downtown with my camera and I was immediately ran down
    by four officers, detained and questioned for over an hour.
    </snip>

    This page makes very sad reading. I had not fully appreciated the extent
    of the polarization and, dare I say it, paranoia that has taken root in
    the USA.

    Clarification: I'm not trying to be provocative; just expressing a
    general dismay at a scenario that is all too hauntingly familiar.

    (To the Mermaid; thank you for this site - I have registered there)

    Best Regards
    Blunderov

    *Rift in the Lute

    "Unfaith in aught is want of faith in all.
    It is the little rift within the lute
    That by-and-by will make the music mute,
    And ever widening, slowly silence all."

    Tennyson: Merlin and Vivien; Vivien's Song, verses 1, 2.