RE: virus: The Ideohazard 1.1

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 09:30:51 MDT

    [Jonathan Davis]I am alarmed that how you are so forgiving and even admiring of our deadliest and fastest growing competitor - Islam. Do you really mean to side with this militant religion against our secular, Western model of politics?

    [Mermaid]practicing UTism again?

    [Mermaid] 'our deadliest and fastest growing competitor' is stupidity. not islam. among all the religions of the world, i'd say islam comes out as the most fair and the most appealling.

    for your...err..my amusement..:)

    http://asia.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=politicsNews&storyID=3489689ing@h

    Secretary of State Colin Powell called the United States a Judeo-Christian country on Monday but quickly amended that to "a country of many faiths."

    The first amendment to the U.S. constitution prohibits the establishment of any state religion -- a provision usually interpreted as requiring strict separation of church and state, though Christian activists dispute that.

    Powell made the remark in an interview with the Charlie Rose Show on public television while talking about Washington's vision of what kind of government Iraq should have.

    He said he expected it to be "an Islamic country by faith, just as we are a Judeo-Christian..."

    "Well, it's hard to tell any more, but we are a country of many faiths now," he added quickly.

    The remark was likely to antagonize millions of American Muslims, most of whom want to be included in the mainstream.

    Some American Muslims have coined the term Judeo-Christian-Islamic to reflect their ideal of what the United States should be.

    [Mermaid]I am sure the Iraqi Christians are just as amused as the American Moslems.

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29259>