RE: virus: The Ideohazard 1.1

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan.davis@lineone.net)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 09:55:26 MDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: owner-virus@lucifer.com [mailto:owner-virus@lucifer.com] On Behalf Of
    Mermaid
    Sent: 26 September 2003 16:31
    To: virus@lucifer.com
    Subject: RE: virus: The Ideohazard 1.1

    [Jonathan Davis]I am alarmed that how you are so forgiving and even admiring
    of our deadliest and fastest growing competitor - Islam. Do you really mean
    to side with this militant religion against our secular, Western model of
    politics?

    [Mermaid] practicing UTism again?

    [Jonathan 2] There is us (The CoV), and them (Christianity, Islam etc.). We
    are competing. So, yes.

    [Mermaid] 'our deadliest and fastest growing competitor' is stupidity. not
    islam. among all the religions of the world, i'd say islam comes out as the
    most fair and the most appealling.

    [Jonathan 2] There is a category error here. Stupidity may animate Islam,
    but it is not in the same class. As for Islam being the fairest and most
    appealing religion, I have to state that for me, that is not true.

    As for the comments about Judeo-Christian, of course Powell is right. By
    tradition the US (indeed all of western civilisation) is overwhelmingly
    dominated by the Judeo-Christian cultural tradition.

    Regards

    Jonathan