RE: virus: The internet's a dangerous place

From: Kalkor (kalkor@kalkor.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 09:56:27 MDT

    [Mermaid]I dont call this child pornography. I call it old, sweaty, fat
    farts trying to score easily. I call it greedy exploitation of adolescents
    who, in all probability, still may be children.

    [Kalkor]
    Who DOESN'T want to score easily? I thought I'd do a little imagination
    /empathy exercise and put myself in this guy's shoes for a moment.

    Alright... I'm a college chess team champion. Which means I'm probably not
    very popular, and have a difficult time establishing contextually meaningful
    social relationships in the environment in which I live (uh, college, duh).
    This could be due to many reasons, such as my inability to grasp social
    procedure, or my realization that every eligible mate around me is just
    plain stupid. Hell, I can plan 5 moves ahead with little effort, and they
    can't even plan 3 intersections ahead to use the back roads to get from the
    campus to the mall in rush hour. There's gotta be more intellectually
    stimulating female companionship elsewhere. That's it, the internet!

    Look up a few profiles, wow these ladies are all kinda secretive... no
    pictures, no ages... oh well, if what I'm really looking for is an
    intellectually stimulating female, who cares what she looks like, or how old
    she is? As long as she's past the age of consent, momma would be proud of
    me.

    So relationships get established in a "dangerous" text-based or gui-based
    online single- or multi-user chat system... and there's one really witty,
    smart girl that I find appealing, and apparently she finds me appealing to,
    if only for the afforementioned intellectual stimulation. Well, that's more
    than I had before dodging vacuuous sorority girls.

    (insert, without his knowledge, mother calling the feds... witty smart girl
    is replaced by balding perverted federal agent who likes to pose as barely
    nubile females online)

    Somehow, she must have realized something, because now her conversational
    skills seem a bit different. Instead of the stimulating banter of before, I
    get the professions of love and the scheming to meet. I've asked her age,
    and she says she's of consenting age, but we all know EVERY woman lies about
    how old she is. The personality change, while not TOO drastic, could be
    explained by the discovery of her own love-emotions. She may be telling the
    truth, but she may be leading me on. It's been known to happen before, hell
    my high school and college experience tells me that's how women operate
    typically.

    But hell yeah! Of course I'm gonna agree to meet her. What other chance have
    I got to pick up some nookie? Granted, my attraction to her started as
    intellectual stimulation, but when she started cyber-nibbling my ear and
    moved to my nutsack, what am I to do? Resist a blatant come-on???? Still, as
    always with matters of the heart, I need to be cautious.

    HAH! You don't know how cautious! That little 15 year old, pretending to be
    a 19 year old, longing for a father-figure older male sexual companion is
    QUICKLY and EASILY replaced by an authoritarian predator, bent on entrapping
    you by creating a situation you'll respond to, regardless of if it existed
    previously.

    But, then my sweaty, old, fat perverted self gets busted trying to meet this
    girl. Suprise, of course this is a classic case of greedy exploitation of
    children.

    Kalkor