Re:virus: Studying Ad Populem, was: ideohazard 1.1

From: Kharin (kharin@kharin.com)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 16:03:49 MDT

    In replying to Blunderov, regarding Scruton's conformity to Virian ideals, I seem to have missed one essential point. With apologies to the congregation, I shall now correct this:

    Scruton on religion:

    "If an article were to appear in a newspaper describing a drug that prolonged life by so much as a year, the medicine would be hailed as a miracle cure. The real miracle cure--religious belief--seems to have a seven-year advantage over atheism, yet it goes unrecognized by Nanny. Indeed, the health consequences of the libertine life-style are, when compared with the consequences of smoking, truly disastrous. Add atheism, relativism, promiscuity, homosexuality, easy divorce, and unstable relationships together, and you probably knock ten years off your life expectancy. But Nanny will never tell you this and will go on reproaching you for your naughty habit of smoking in corners, even if it is the only way, with such a demanding life-style, to obtain a moment's quiet relief."

    ----
    This message was posted by Kharin to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29368>