virus: Re:Any decent church can use a low bass

From: Kharin (kharin@kharin.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 04:01:06 MDT

    "I've been trying to remember where I first learned about this effect, and am fairly sure that it was in a children's adventure detective story I read sometime in the 1960s. Perhaps by "Hitchcock" though i don't recall which. As I recall, it was set in the USA, probably in California, and involved subsonics being used in a "Haunted House/Mansion" or old studio, to keep visitors away. I even remember it identifying, correctly, a 7Hz frequency as most effective."

    At the risk of being too knowledgeable on this subject, the book in question was the first of the 'Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators' series. It had the restrained title of 'The Secret Of Terror Castle' (Random House, 1964). This was where I first heard about this effect also.

    ----
    This message was posted by Kharin to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29238>