RE: virus: Appeal for consistency

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan.davis@lineone.net)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 02:25:21 MDT

     Hi Mermaid,

    -----Original Message-----
    From: owner-virus@lucifer.com [mailto:owner-virus@lucifer.com] On Behalf Of
    Mermaid
    Sent: 01 October 2003 04:43
    To: virus@lucifer.com
    Subject: Re:virus: Appeal for consistency

    [Jonathan Davis] I have noticed that we seem to be somewhat selectively
    applying our Virian virtues. I am as guilty of this as anyone.

    [Jonathan Davis]We tout empathy, yet I frequently see it kept for allies or
    pitied enemies (like Islamists). When it comes to real hated groups like
    Christians or conservatives, or even fellows who find themselves in
    agreement (part or whole) with members of such groups, it is absent.

    [Mermaid]I dont think Christians are a hated group. I, for one, do not hate
    Christians. I dont consider Islamists as 'pitied enemies' either. On the
    other hand, I dont feel any empathy for murdering bastards or loony
    fundamentalists. I am not expecting to feel any in the near future.

    [Jonathan 1] I think we we ought to try and have empathy with everyone, even
    the loony fundamentalists.

    [Mermaid]Does this mean that you are going to try and "understand" the
    motives of the terrorists as well as you understand bush/rumsfield et
    al?...:)

    [Jonathan 1] I will try and understand them, yes. I do already :-)

    Regards

    Jonathan