virus: Re:Debate Challenge #2

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 10:24:53 MDT

    google threw this:

    http://debate.uvm.edu/

    http://debate.uvm.edu/learn2.html seems informative enough even though the site design seems a little ..err..interesting..

    i posted these rules and format off the cuff and for a simple structure to get us started. well thought debates and civil discussions are very rare in online forums. we dont want to be a stiff, formal nook on the net..at the same time, we dont want chaos running wild(as it usually does in a text only forum like a bbs). also, we hope to ensure and prove here on the cov that logic and rational argument can solve any difference of opinion rather than knee jerk, PMSy rants. of course, being on the cautious side...the topic is very 'light'....the idea is to not inflame passions...at least for now...

    the first four who volunteer to take up the debate will be the participants for debate challenge #2. all you have to do is reply to this thread mentioning clearly that you'd like to participate in the debate challenge!

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29399>