virus: Jake becomes a Wesley Clark advocate.

From: Jake Sapiens (every1hz@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 16:40:55 MDT

    I have been a little less active in CoV lately as I am trying to get involved in some more IRL activities.  One of these activities has been politics.  I am currently a committed volunteer/donor to/for the Wesley Clark for President campaign.  I even got to shake the man's hand this recent Monday at a North Texas fundraiser.  Only $500.00 too!  What a bargain!  I surely couldn't hope to shake GWB's hand without shelling out many times that amount.  It seems no skin off of Gen. Clark's back either as he seemed very much at home with a crowd like many a strong Democrat could appreciate and expect after the likewise naturally gifted Bill Clinton.  After introductions and his speech he even took spontaneous questions.  I didn't actually ask any questions as a woman ahead of me had already asked my question regarding the current administration's secrecy and the value of public transparency.  The general strongly advocated for a much greater degree of transparency in his own administration as compared to the current one.  I could hardly have been happier with his response.  As you can certainly guess by now, I am thoroughly sold on this candidacy.  The Republicans are already acting very concerned (as they predictably would).  I have already gotten involved in the grassroots of this candidacy in Texas, and I can assure you that Gen. Wesley Clark is no stalking horse for Hillary or any other Democrat.  His candidacy and organization are for real, and sincerely committed to his winning both the Democratic nomination and the presidency of the United States.  This is a fresh breath of excitement for me and many other Democrats, as well as independents and Republicans who yearn for a greater quality leadership, responsibility, as well as the kind of reasoned moderation that the General has demonstrated.  In private I have already had several local Republican judges (I'm a criminal defense lawyer) tell me that they are impressed with the General's candidacy but believe that he is "not liberal enough" to win the Democratic nomination.  So far I have just been saying "well, I guess we will find out soon enough.", but I already look forward to the day that I can ask them for their support for Wesley Clark the Democratic nominee for president.  Whether they salute or not I doubt I will have any regrets on my own part.

    Well, that's what's up with me, and since this is my "church home" I thought I would share with y'all.

    Love,

    -Jake

    --- Jake Sapiens
    --- every1hz@earthlink.net

    --- To unsubscribe from the Virus list go to