virus: Re:The Disciplinary Process of the Church of Virus

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 13:09:58 MDT

    [Hermit] Perhaps because you realise that The main advantage conferred upon adherents is Virus provides a conceptual framework for
    leading a truly meaningful life and attaining immortality without resorting to mystical delusions."
    (http://virus.lucifer.com/about.html) and because you share the goals of the CoV. Right?

    [Mermaid]How is it an advantage conferred upon adherents? I never had mystical delusions in the first place... ;D....so its not an
    "advantage" per se.

    [Mermaid]If a member of the CoV shares the goals of CoV. Ok. But what does this have to do with what the member GAINS from CoV in
    return for submitting to the disciplinary process? You do realise that you are taking a lot of liberty by asking me to conform to
    'desired and accepted behaviour', dont you? There ought to be something more than the joy of sharing goals and ideas. In other
    words, I can be a godless heathen and discard faith and embrace rationality and still not be part of CoV(according to you, that is)
    *if* I dont submit to a disciplinary process if I *gasp* dont conform to "desired and accepted behaviour". We need to discuss all
    this before. Before we discuss all of this, I need to know why I am in the CoV and what CoV is doing for ME.

    [Hermit]Otherwise you would never have joined the BBS, because that would have been hypocritical according to the following: Virus
    is a collaborative project; if you subscribe to the ideas consider joining us on the Virus BBS!

    [Mermaid]How is it hypocritical? I am subscribing to the ideas shared by many in CoV. I am subscribing to the bbs. I am not
    subscribing to the disciplinary process. I am sure I share a lot of things with many many people in this world. Some, I may not even
    know. Some, I know and are outside of CoV. They dont impose any discipline upon me. They dont ask me to conform.

    [Hermit]....found on the above page. And, after all, hypocrisy is a Virian Sin.

    PS See, I can shout much louder than you can shout :P.

    [Mermaid]Errr..I dont think so... ::)

    [Hermit]But do you really think this looks good?

    [Mermaid]Not at all. Stop it AT ONCE. It's ghastly! 8)

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29437>