RE: virus: Re:The Disciplinary Process of the Church of Virus

From: Kalkor (kalkor@kalkor.com)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 10:28:34 MDT

    [Hermit]Otherwise you would never have joined the BBS, because that would
    have been hypocritical according to the following: Virus
    is a collaborative project; if you subscribe to the ideas consider joining
    us on the Virus BBS!

    [Mermaid]How is it hypocritical? I am subscribing to the ideas shared by
    many in CoV. I am subscribing to the bbs. I am not
    subscribing to the disciplinary process. I am sure I share a lot of things
    with many many people in this world. Some, I may not even
    know. Some, I know and are outside of CoV. They dont impose any discipline
    upon me. They dont ask me to conform.

    [Kalkor]
    Let me make sure I understand correctly here. Since this is a collaborative
    project because we all agree on certain things, then we must agree on the
    disciplinary process?

    I can't decide if this is a fallacy of composition (the bricks used to make
    the building are rectangles, therefore the building must be a rectangle), or
    begging the question. Please clarify this for me, folks ;-}

    Kalkor