RE: virus: Re:The Disciplinary Process of the Church of Virus

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan.davis@lineone.net)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 05:36:25 MDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: owner-virus@lucifer.com [mailto:owner-virus@lucifer.com] On Behalf Of
    Hermit
    Sent: 03 October 2003 17:39
    To: virus@lucifer.com
    Subject: virus: Re:The Disciplinary Process of the Church of Virus

    [Jonathan 2] Part of my problem with all this talk of 'discipline' - pace
    your assurances - is that I am worried it is a tool for manipulation that
    may be used in bad faith (abused).

    [Hermit 3] If you are saying that....

    SNIP

    You failed to understand me and your post is too far off the mark to help
    you get it. I will exert my influence elsewhere.

    I suppose you might say that I know of a certain member who has activated
    the disciplinary procedure for what I consider a petty and possibly spiteful
    reasons. I consider this abuse. The system is obliged to consider this
    persons claims, however silly, and that ties up resources of reputable
    members. I would like to see the system improved to limit this sort of
    situation.

    On a personal level, your apparent deep involvement in the system makes me
    distrust it.

    SNIP

    [Hermit 3] Jolly square of you old boy.

    [Jonathan 3] Zounds! I think the bugger meant "Big".

    Regards

    Jonathan