virus: Re:Disownment and DiP

From: Hermit (virus@hermit.net)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 18:56:09 MDT

    [ElvenSage] I agree, something that has that kind of importance should be kept open for a good period of time.

    [Hermit] It was. It was also announced on the BBS and maillist. The procedure to establish and adjudicate votes is documented at http://virus.lucifer.com/wiki/VirianVoting and http://virus.lucifer.com/wiki/WikiVote.

    [ElvenSage] Maybe we should assign "importance" ratings to votes, and by that we'll have a system that closes the vote after a certain period of time?

    [Hermit] I suggest reviewing the above documents. Your concerns may be addressed there.

    [Hermit] In addition, you might find http://virus.lucifer.com/wiki/WorkInVoting where the revoting policy is discussed illuminating. Currently it assertsOnce an official document of the Church of Virus has been accepted by a vote or rejected by a vote, it may only be challenged by a VirianVector establishing an alternative document or documents and then establishing a poll (60% quorum:simple majority vote) on the httpVirian Voting Page which includes links to the wikipages in question.

    ----
    This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29448>