virus: Re:The Disciplinary Process of the Church of Virus

From: Hermit (virus@hermit.net)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 13:34:39 MDT

    {Hermit 2] Nicely explained Kalkor.

    [Kalkor 1] Sounds like we're in the process of this experiment. So far, what are the results? Lets treat this like an experiment rather than just "consider the implications". It sounds like, as a community, we've already:
    1) Considered the implications
    2) Theorized that a similar process would be beneficial to the church
    3) Enacted a similar process
    4) Recieved experimental results

    [Hermit 2] I'd say that while we have enacted the process, we haven't yet really applied it. In other words, we are currently somewhere around your step 3. Tuesday's discussion will take us closer yet. I suggest that it is arguable that simply having a process available (even though there is clearly a lot of confusion about what the process is) has already resulted in generally better communications. Hopefully in the fullness of time we will be able to look back and determine whether the process works or not. If it doesn't, it will change.

    [Kalkor 1] So what are they? Aside from, at least one person, saying "I didn't vote to have policemen walking the streets of my town, I don't like seeing them"

    [Hermit 2] As already noted, the votes cast in multiple polls have indicated a strong preference for "order and control." The fact that there are some objections to this process even before its full implementation is not terribly surprising. All changes tend to draw reactions. And my first post on this thread left out an "awful lot of context." For which, my apologies. Then again, that is the purpose of these discussions, is it not.

    [Kalkor 1] Have we given it enough time to see if the results bear out the hypothesis? And if so, what is the conclusion?

    [Hermit 2] You have my opinion above. Does anybody disagree?

    ----
    This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29437>